Test Product 4
Out of stock
Test product 4
||13 × 13 × 10 in
Features & Benefits
- Terra cotta clay high fired at 2,000°F for strength, durability and chip resistance.
- All our pieces are completely handmade, natural earthenware. Minor imperfections add authenticity and charm, and are part of the piece.
- Easy to clean, hand-applied glaze.
- Lead and cadmium free.
Use & Care
- Stovetop, oven and microwave safe. For gas cooktops, may use diffuser or lowest heat setting. For electric cooktops, please use only with a diffuser.
- Clear ceramic glaze provides ease of cleaning. For difficult areas to clean, first soak for a few minutes in water, then scrub with a soft abrasive pad. Do not use metallic scouring pads.
- Dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing to give the best care to your earthenware. See our section Clay Cooking 101 for detailed explanations and effects of soaps and detergents on earthenware.
- Earthenware does not like extreme temperature changes. For example, do not take a pot cold from the refrigerator and place it directly on a stovetop or in a hot oven; it may crack.
- Before first use, please season. A complete explanation of this procedure is explained in detail in Clay Cooking 101.
- Note for seasoning: After the initial soaking of 2-3 hours, we recommend you coat the entire surface of the tagine, lid and base, with olive oil before placing it in a 250°F oven for an additional 2 hours. This coating will soak in to the unglazed surface of the clay and provide a more durable surface once the tagine is heated.